The Doctors Academy of Diagnostic Medical Sciences
is the academic division of the Doctors Diagnostic and Research Centre
. The Doctors Diagnostic and Research Centre was established in the year 1990 under the professional leadership of Dr. M. Balaraman Nair, former Professor of Pathology and Principal in the Medical Colleges of Kerala and who retired as the Director of Medical Education, Government of Kerala. We are situated at Ulloor, Medical College P.O, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Academy offers a two year course in Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
. Candidates who have passed Plus Two or an equivalent examination, recognized by the University of Kerala with optional subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for admission. Minimum of 50% marks is required for qualifying.
The applicants should have completed 17 years of age and not exceeding 25 years on the 31st December of the corresponding academic year.
The regular two year course includes six months Internship in institutions attached to DDRC and or its allied Institutions. After successful completion of the two year course, the candidates will be awarded the Diploma (DMLT).
- Prof.(Dr.) M.Balaraman Nair MBBS, MD (Pathology & Bact), DPB, FICP(I), FIMSA, FAMS
- Prof.(Dr.) R.Padmanabhan Nair MSc Phd (Biochemistry), dRIA(BARC)
- Prof(Dr.) R.Vijayalakshmi MBBS, MD(Path)
- Dr. Joy Agustine MBBS, MD(Micro)
- Dr. Vaisali Rajan MBBS, MD(Path)
- Dr. Smitha Ajith MBBS, DPB, MD(Path)